Learn the tricks of the trade with our Technical Trades courses and apprenticeships.
Get the skills to get the job done
Get industry-standard training with an apprenticeship or qualification in Technical Trades. Whether you're interested in carpentry, plumbing, or electrotechnology, we have a course for every skill, and we'll help you create a training plan that works for you and your employer. Learn the practical skills you need on the job site, and practice your abilities in our on-campus workshops using state-of-the-art equipment. We have close ties to local industry, and you'll benefit from our network of employers and expert trainers.
Bring your passion to work every day, and get state-of-the-art training in specialty technologies and vehicle types.
- Certificate II in Automotive Air Conditioning Technology (AUR20218)
- Certificate II in Automotive Servicing Technology (AUR20516)
- Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation (AUR20716)
- Certificate III in Agricultural Mechanical Technology (AUR30416)
- Certificate III in Automotive Body Repair Technology (AUR32116)
- Certificate III in Automotive Electrical Technology (AUR30316)
- Certificate III in Automotive Refinishing Technology (AUR32416)
- Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology (AUR31116)
- Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology (AUR30616)
- Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology (AUR31216)
- Certificate III in Motorcycle Mechanical Technology (AUR30816)
Building & Construction
Work on a range of challenging projects across commercial and residential environments.
Join this in-demand trade with a qualification in Electrotechnology.
Get a recognised qualification in Engineering, and enjoy hands-on, practical work, solving problems and designing solutions.
Plumbing & Gasfitting
Do something different every day with a qualification in Plumbing & Gasfitting from GOTAFE.
"An apprentice comes in on their first day unsure of themselves and then at the end of their three, almost four years, they go out and are quite capable tradesmen in their own right"