Skills & Jobs Centres
Free, expert advice about job searching and planning your career.Enquire Today
What are Skills and Job Centres?
Skills & Jobs Centres provide free and expert career planning advice. The services are available to everyone, so you don’t have to be a GOTAFE student to get the support you need.
GOTAFE staff can assess your skills and strengths, share job-hunting tips, and provide advice so you can find a job tailored to you and your community.
What do we do?
Skills & Jobs Centres work alongside local industry and communities to provide expert advice and assistance on training and employment opportunities, including:
- Identifying training qualifications for a successful career transition
- Assistance in using existing skills to align to a new job or to undertake new training (Recognition of Prior Learning)
- Information on local employment trends and areas with skills shortages
- Creating a personal career plan or training pathway
- Referrals to other service providers
GOTAFE Skills & Jobs services are also now mobile; we can come to you! Please let us know if we can assist your community by visiting and talking about our services.
Who can use Skills & Jobs Centres?
The Skills & Jobs Centres are available to all Victorians but are specifically aimed at:
- Prospective students
- Current students
- Apprentices and trainees
- Unemployed or retrenched workers
- Anyone seeking a career change
- Employers and Industry