Skills & Jobs Centres
Free, expert advice about job searching and planning your career.Enquire Today
What are Skills and Job Centres?
Skills & Jobs Centres provide free and expert career planning advice. The services are available to everyone, so you don’t have to be a GOTAFE student to get the support you need.
GOTAFE staff can assess your skills and strengths, share job-hunting tips, and provide advice so you can find a job tailored to you and your community.
What do we do?
Skills & Jobs Centres work alongside local industry and communities to provide expert advice and assistance on training and employment opportunities, including:
- Identifying training qualifications for a successful career transition
- Assistance in using existing skills to align to a new job or to undertake new training (Recognition of Prior Learning)
- Information on local employment trends and areas with skills shortages
- Creating a personal career plan or training pathway
- Referrals to other service providers
GOTAFE Skills & Jobs services are also now mobile; we can come to you! Please let us know if we can assist your community by visiting and talking about our services.
Who can use Skills & Jobs Centres?
The Skills & Jobs Centres are available to all Victorians but are specifically aimed at:
- Prospective students
- Current students
- Apprentices and trainees
- Unemployed or retrenched workers
- Anyone seeking a career change
- Employers and Industry
Helpful videos for job seekers
Cover letter tips
Do you need help writing a cover letter for a job application? In this video, GOTAFE Careers Advisor Imogen walks through some simple tricks to get you started.
In this video, GOTAFE Careers Advisor Narelle will walk you through how to prepare for and what to expect in a job interview.