Skills & Jobs Centres are a one-stop-shop for anyone looking for career planning advice. These centres are Government-funded, and you don’t have to be a GOTAFE student to get advice and support.
We work across the community, supporting businesses, individuals, and community organisations with expert advice about training and employment.
Our Careers Advisors can perform an expert skills assessment, share job hunting tips, and provide advice to anyone looking to up-skill or re-skill through professional training.
Some of the services we offer include:
- Identifying existing skills and formalising them through Recognition of Prior Learning
- Understanding employment trends and current skills shortages
- Creating a personal career and training plan
- Providing consistent and impartial advice about career planning and job hunting
- Helping with Apprenticeship or Traineeship applications
- Developing job search skills
- Organising referrals to other service providers (including welfare services and financial support services)