Land & Animals
Join one of Australia's largest industries with a career working with Land & Animals.
Contribute to the future of rural Australia
Whether you're passionate about environmental conservation, love working with animals, or are preparing to take over the family farm, our Land & Animals courses will teach you the skills you need to make a positive contribution to the health of our regional industries. Learn specialised skills in agriculture or horticulture, contribute to Australia's legacy of award-winning winemakers, or receive world-class equestrian training from the National Centre for Equine Education. You'll learn the latest science and techniques needed to succeed in agribusiness, and practical skills you can apply on your own land, with your own crops and animals.
Gain a recognised qualification in Agriculture, and progress your career with the latest techniques and technology.
- Calf Rearing Risk Management (SA3DCALF20)
- Calf Rearing Risk Management (SA3DCALF19)
- Certificate II in Agriculture (AHC20116)
- Certificate III in Agriculture (AHC30116)
- Certificate III in Agriculture (Dairy Production) (AHC30216)
- Certificate III in Pork Production (AHC30416)
- Certificate IV in Agribusiness (AHC41016)
- Certificate IV in Agriculture (AHC40116)
- Course in Minimising Risks in the Use of 1080 & PAPP Bait Products for Vertebrate Pest Control (22516VIC)
- Cups On Cups Off (SA2DCOCO20)
- Cups On Cups Off (SA2DCOCO19)
- Design Livestock Effluent Systems Course (SA5DLEFS20)
- Design Livestock Effluent Systems Course (SA5DLEFS19)
- Diploma of Agriculture (AHC50116)
- Milking Machines Testing Tech (SA3MMTTC20)
- Operate Quad Bike and Side by Side Vehicles (SA2QBSBS19)
- Tractors and Front End Loaders (SA2TRAFL20)
- Tractors and Front End Loaders (SA2TRAFL19)
Study Animal Sciences and start your career as a groomer or vet nurse.
Conservation & Land Management
Study Conservation and Land Management and help protect our natural environment.
Get professional training in all aspects of the equestrian industry with a qualification from the National Centre for Equine Education at GOTAFE.
Learn specialist skills in Horticulture and join one of Australia's growing industries.
- Certificate II in Horticulture (AHC20416)
- Certificate II in Landscaping (AHC21616)
- Certificate II in Production Nursery (AHC20716)
- Certificate III in Horticulture (AHC30716)
- Certificate III in Landscape Construction (AHC30916)
- Certificate III in Parks and Gardens (AHC31016)
- Certificate III in Production Horticulture (AHC30616)
- Certificate IV in Horticulture (AHC40416)
- Certificate IV in Production Horticulture (AHC40316)
- Chainsaw Operations (SA3CHAIN20)
- Chainsaw Operations (SA3CHAIN19)
- Chainsaw Refresher Course (SA3CHNRF19)
- Farm Chemical Refresher Course (SA4CHREF19)
- Full Farm Chemical User Course (SA3FFCUC20)
- Full Farm Chemical Users Course (SA3FFCUC19)
- Greenhouse Technical Management Course (SC4GRTMC19)
- Machinery Maintenance Course (SA3SMLMT19)
"We’re very community focused so a lot of our projects have been based on community, such as revegetation. We often work with land care groups, councils and many other groups like that."
Free TAFE Courses
Free TAFE is available for a number of courses that are 'high priority' due to skills shortages in some industries. Find out more about the Victorian Government's Free TAFE scheme.Discover Free TAFE courses on offer