Nurture new talent in your business with an Apprentice or Trainee from GOTAFE
Shaping the next generation of Australian Apprentices
Having an Apprentice in your business is a great way to develop new talent and build on the existing skill base in your company.
Whether you're taking on someone who's fresh out of school, or looking for a change of career after a few years in the workforce, having an Apprentice on staff brings a fresh perspective and new ideas to the workplace, and makes sure that valuable trade skills are passed down to the next generation of workers.
Our Apprentices combine on-the-job workplace training with practical skills workshops and theory studied on-campus at GOTAFE.
Apprentices train in our professional training facilities, and learn with industry-standard tools and equipment.
We'll work with you to develop a training plan that makes sure your Apprentice is learning the skills they'll need to succeed in your business, and they'll also learn a variety of skills and techniques that they may not see day-to-day on the job site.
With a broad skill set such as this, our Apprentices graduate ready to hit the ground running on day one, and tackle whatever their career has in store.
Apprenticeships and Traineeships offered at GOTAFE
We have specialised training programs for Apprentices and Trainees across a wide range of industries, including:
- Hospitality, Cooking & Baking
- Automotive Mechanical Technology (including Light, Heavy Vehicle, and Motorcycle)
- Outdoor Power Equipment, Automotive Refinishing, and Vehicle Body Repair Technology
- Engineering (Fabrication & Mechanical)
- Cabinet Making, Carpentry & Joinery
- Marine Craft Construction & Composite Trades
- Glass & Glazing
- Electrotechnology, Air-conditioning & Refrigeration
- Hairdressing & beauty
- Equine (National Centre for Equine Education)