The Certificate III in Concreting is the recognised qualification to become a qualified Concreter.
Learn to place concrete for various tasks, read and understand plans for a site, and everything in between. Learn in our state-of-the-art workshops, and practice establishing concrete framework and placing and decorating concrete.
We nurture our Trainees so they gain life and work skills that employers want. You get to apply what you learn in real projects at work.
This course is available as part of the Free TAFE Courses scheme for eligible students.
The completion of this course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to find employment as:
- Concrete tilt panel fabricator
After graduating, you might like to undertake further study in the CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building).
Course Dates & Times
Currently there are no upcoming sessions available for this course. To register your interest in this course, click the "Register Your Interest" button at the top of this page.
The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Please note all fees and charges are correct at time of publication for 2020 and may change without notice.
Students will be invoiced for the components of the course that they are enrolled into for each year or semester.
Material fees cover costs associated with the following where applicable, and not limited to:
- Classroom activity consumables, handouts and booklets
- E-Learning resources and associated license access fees
Additionally some courses require students to purchase or supply text books, kits, tools, uniforms and personal protection equipment. Some specific materials may be purchased through the GOTAFE Bookshop. A full list with associated costs will be provided to you at your course information session or during the pre-training review Interview.
All students are required to pay an annual Student Services Fee (SSF) of $70.00. The Student Services Fee contributes to the provision of student engagement, learning and support services. SSF does not apply to short course participants.
Training package entry requirements
There are no training package entry requirements for this qualification.
GOTAFE preferred entry requirements
Before being accepted into the course applicants must:
- Attend an interview
- Undertake a Pre-training Review to document previous work experience and qualifications and assess suitability for the course
- Complete a Core Skills Profile for Adults (CSPA) test to ensure the required language, literacy and numeracy levels are met for the course
- Please apply through an Apprenticeship Network Provider (australianapprenticeships.gov.au) with your employer to organise your traineeship contract prior to applying for this course
- Completion of the general induction training program specified by the National Code of Practice for Induction Training for Construction Work (ASCC 2007) is required before entering a construction work site. Achievement of unit CPCCOHS1001A covers this requirement
Course Study Units
Assessment methods may include:
- Knowledge tests
- Work Observation evidence
- Online assessments
Attendance & Commitment
It is important that students commit to all course requirements, including study and assessments the student may need to complete outside their normal training sessions.
Trainees attend classes 8 times per year, consisting of 1 week blocks, over both years of the course.
Where to From Here
If you need any further clarification of the information provided please contact one of our client service officers on 1300 468 233 who can assist you or submit an enquiry through our website now and one of the team will be in touch.
Educational Support Services
As an enrolled student at GOTAFE you may access a wide range of academic support services to assist you to meet the academic challenges of your course from our Learning Support Unit.
As an enrolled student at GOTAFE you will be welcome to access a variety of non-academic support services from the Student Welfare Unit. These services are designed to best support you to successfully complete your course.
Services include on campus supports and remote supports
- employment information
- activities etc.
Refer to the Student Handbook for information regarding Learner’s Rights Student Handbook.
Further information is provided at course induction.
Please note: Eligible individuals who wish to access a government subsidised place, must participate in a Pre-training Review. This will consider your:
- Aspirations/career goals
- Educational attainment and capability
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Suitability for Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer
Enrolment in general public entry courses will require a selection interview. Please call 1300 468 233 to enquire further.
Skills Recognition is an assessment only process that may result in credits towards a part or full qualification. There is no formal training involved, although you may choose to complete further training as a result of the assessment process.
You can apply for Skills Recognition before you enrol in the qualification you are seeking. You can apply for Skills Recognition through one or both of the following processes:
- Credit Transfer for formal training that might be equivalent to a new qualification or partial qualification
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for people who have relevant and current skills and knowledge that they have gained through non-formal or informal learning i.e. work or life experience.
Browse other courses
Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry (SA3CICRD20)
2020 sessions to get your white card with the Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry course from GOTAFE. This short course is endorsed by WorkSafe Victoria.
Certificate III in Glass and Glazing (MSF30418)
Studying in our world-class facilities and workshops, you'll learn to use a range of tools and machinery, and handle different types of glass and glazing materials.
Certificate II in Glass and Glazing (MSF20413)
Learn to use different types of glass and materials, and get hands-on experience with tools and machinery in the Certificate II in Glass and Glazing from GOTAFE.