Join one of Australia's biggest industries, and future-proof your career with a Certificate III in Plumbing.
With time in our state-of-the-art workshop environment, you'll learn core skills in water, drainage, and sanitary systems, as well as roofing, gas, and mechanical services. Complete this course while doing your apprenticeship to set yourself up as a qualified Plumber.
Our fantastic trainers will help you practice your skills so you're ready for the job site.
Studying during COVID-19 Restrictions
We've had to make adjustments to how our courses are delivered due to the restrictions imposed by COVID-19. This means that we're currently offering a combination of delivery modes including online and flexible learning and, where we can, on-campus classes with strict social distancing in place.
This course prepares you to work as a:
- Roof Plumber
After graduating, you might like to undertake further study in the CPC40912 Certificate IV in Plumbing Services.
Course Dates & Times
Shepparton - William Orr
Apprenticeship - Open from 18/01/2021 - 2021
Wangaratta - Docker Street
Apprenticeship - Open from 11/01/2021 - 2021
Detailed Fee Information
The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Please note all fees and charges are correct at time of publication for 2021 and may change without notice.
Students will be invoiced for the components of the course that they are enrolled into for each year or semester.
Material fees cover costs associated with the following where applicable, and not limited to:
- Classroom activity consumables, handouts and booklets
- E-Learning resources and associated license access fees
Additionally some courses require students to purchase or supply text books, kits, tools, uniforms and personal protection equipment. Some specific materials may be purchased through the GOTAFE Bookshop. A full list with associated costs will be provided to you at your course information session or during the pre-training review Interview.
All students are required to pay an annual Student Services Fee (SSF) of $70.00. The Student Services Fee contributes to the provision of student engagement, learning and support services. SSF does not apply to short course participants.
Training package entry requirements
There are no training package entry requirements for this qualification.
GOTAFE preferred entry requirements
Before being accepted into the course applicants must:
- Attend an interview
- Undertake a Pre-training Review to document previous work experience and qualifications and assess suitability for the course
- Complete a Core Skills Profile for Adults (CSPA) test to ensure the required language, literacy and numeracy levels are met for the course
- Please apply through an Apprenticeship Network Provider (australianapprenticeships.gov.au) with your employer to organise your apprenticeship contract prior to applying for this course
- Completion of the general induction training program specified by the National Code of Practice for Induction Training for Construction Work (ASCC 2007) is required before entering a construction work site. Achievement of unit CPCCOHS1001A covers this requirement
Course Study Units
Assessment methods may include:
- Knowledge tests
- Work observation
- Work documentation
Attendance & Commitment
Students must commit to all course requirements, including study and assessments the student may need to complete outside their normal training sessions. This includes attending 10 blocks at GOTAFE over the duration of the course to complete on-campus training. Each block consists of five days, Monday to Friday.
This course is competency-based and employer verification is required.
Students are required to attend all classes where possible to and will have access to a trainer outside of class times if required.
Where to From Here
If you need any further clarification of the information provided please contact one of our client service officers on 1300 468 233 who can assist you or submit an enquiry through our website now and one of the team will be in touch.
Educational Support Services
As an enrolled student at GOTAFE you may access a wide range of academic support services to assist you to meet the academic challenges of your course from our Learning Support Unit.
As an enrolled student at GOTAFE you will be welcome to access a variety of non-academic support services from the Student Welfare Unit. These services are designed to best support you to successfully complete your course.
Services include on campus supports and remote supports
- employment information
- activities etc.
Refer to the Student Handbook for information regarding Learner’s Rights Student Handbook.
Further information is provided at course induction.
Please note: Eligible individuals who wish to access a government subsidised place, must participate in a Pre-training Review. This will consider your:
- Aspirations/career goals
- Educational attainment and capability
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Suitability for Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer
Enrolment in general public entry courses will require a selection interview. Please call 1300 468 233 to enquire further.
Skills Recognition is an assessment only process that may result in credits towards a part or full qualification. There is no formal training involved, although you may choose to complete further training as a result of the assessment process.
You can apply for Skills Recognition before you enrol in the qualification you are seeking. You can apply for Skills Recognition through one or both of the following processes:
- Credit Transfer for formal training that might be equivalent to a new qualification or partial qualification
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for people who have relevant and current skills and knowledge that they have gained through non-formal or informal learning i.e. work or life experience.
Browse other courses
Certificate IV in Plumbing and Service (CPC40912)
If you want to further your skills to seek employment in the Building Trade Industry, the Certificate IV in Plumbing and Service could be for you.
Welding Certification Training Night Shepparton (SC01WCTS21)
Ten-week course at GOTAFE in Shepparton is ideal for the home craftsman or those looking to upskill in the workplace.