Skills First Reconnect Program
A Victorian Government initiative aimed at connecting disengaged people into education and training.
Support on Offer
- Reach out to engage and assist eligible people, aged 17 to 64 who are not in education, training or in full time employment.
- Assess their learning and non-learning needs and career goals, and develop an agreed learning plan.
- Provide support services that will help eligible students start and stay in vocational training.
- Arrange supervised workplace experience to increase employability.
- Assist eligible students in transitioning to employment or further training.
- Develop individual training programs
- Provide one on one mentoring
- Explain the student welfare services that GOTAFE offers
- Aged 17 -64 for the majority of the duration of the program.
- Not enrolled in any other education, training or course at the time of registration in the program.
- Able to meet Victorian Training Guarantee eligibility requirements for enrolment in a VET qualification to receive government subsidised training.
- Not in full time employment.
- Must not have completed any certificate II or higher qualification.
- The individual has not completed year 12, and has disengaged from school for 14 weeks or more.
Reconnect Referral Process
If a person is identified who may be eligible for the program you should email email@example.com to register interest in receiving more information.
A Reconnect team member will then be in contact to respond to your email, and to obtain the information about the person. To appraise the referral, the Reconnect team member will need the following information:
- Name, age, place of residence and contact details
- Refer to internal or external services