The Certificate III in Air-conditioning and Refrigeration is the recognised qualification to become a qualified Air-conditioning and Refrigeration Mechanic.
You'll learn to select components, install, set up, test, repair, and maintain refrigeration systems and equipment. On a day-to-day basis, you might work with domestic or commercial equipment used for food storage and preservation, air conditioning, and air distribution.
You'll also gain knowledge of the regulatory requirements for purchasing and handling refrigerants.
Studying during COVID-19 Restrictions
We’ve had to make adjustments to how our courses are delivered due to the restrictions imposed by COVID-19. This means that we’re currently offering a combination of delivery modes including online and flexible learning and, where we can, on-campus classes with strict social distancing in place.
This course prepares you to work in the Electrotechnology industry as an Air-conditioning and Refrigeration Mechanic.
After graduating, you might like to undertake further study in:
- UEE42911 Certificate IV in Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Systems
- UEE42711 Certificate IV in Air-Conditional and Refrigeration Servicing
Course Dates & Times
Wangaratta - Docker Street
Apprenticeship - Open from 22/02/2021 - 2021
Detailed Fee Information
The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Please note all fees and charges are correct at time of publication for 2021 and may change without notice.
Students will be invoiced for the components of the course that they are enrolled into for each year or semester.
Material fees cover costs associated with the following where applicable, and not limited to:
- Classroom activity consumables, handouts and booklets
- E-Learning resources and associated license access fees
Additionally some courses require students to purchase or supply text books, kits, tools, uniforms and personal protection equipment. Some specific materials may be purchased through the GOTAFE Bookshop. A full list with associated costs will be provided to you at your course information session or during the pre-training review Interview.
All students are required to pay an annual Student Services Fee (SSF) of $70.00. The Student Services Fee contributes to the provision of student engagement, learning and support services. SSF does not apply to short course participants.
Training package entry requirements
There are no training package entry requirements for this qualification.
GOTAFE preferred entry requirements
All applicants will:
- Undertake a Pre-training Review to ensure the course suits your needs and aspirations, and that you are likely to complete the course successfully.
- Complete a Core Skills Profile for Adults (CSPA) test to ensure the required language, literacy and numeracy levels are met for the course.
- Complete the general induction training program specified by the National Code of Practice for Induction Training for Construction Work (ASCC 2007)before entering a construction work site. Achievement of unit CPCCOHS1001A covers this requirement.
- Please apply through an Apprenticeship Network Provider with your employer to organise your apprenticeship contract before applying for this course.
Course Study Units
A variety of assessments can be undertaken, including:
- Knowledge tests
- Work observation evidence
Attendance & Commitment
This course is delivered as an apprenticeship with a component of on-the-job learning over a 4-year apprenticeship contract.
It is important that students commit to all course requirements, including study and assessments the student may need to complete outside their normal training sessions.
This course is competency-based and employer verification is required.
You are required to attend all classes where possible to and will have access to a trainer outside of class times if required.
Where to From Here
If you need any further clarification of the information provided please contact one of our client service officers on 1300 468 233 who can assist you or submit an enquiry through our website now and one of the team will be in touch.
Educational Support Services
As an enrolled student at GOTAFE you may access a wide range of academic support services to assist you to meet the academic challenges of your course from our Learning Support Unit.
As an enrolled student at GOTAFE you will be welcome to access a variety of non-academic support services from the Student Welfare Unit. These services are designed to best support you to successfully complete your course.
Services include on campus supports and remote supports
- employment information
- activities etc.
Refer to the Student Handbook for information regarding Learner’s Rights Student Handbook.
Further information is provided at course induction.
Please note: Eligible individuals who wish to access a government subsidised place, must participate in a Pre-training Review. This will consider your:
- Aspirations/career goals
- Educational attainment and capability
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Suitability for Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer
Enrolment in general public entry courses will require a selection interview. Please call 1300 468 233 to enquire further.
Skills Recognition is an assessment only process that may result in credits towards a part or full qualification. There is no formal training involved, although you may choose to complete further training as a result of the assessment process.
You can apply for Skills Recognition before you enrol in the qualification you are seeking. You can apply for Skills Recognition through one or both of the following processes:
- Credit Transfer for formal training that might be equivalent to a new qualification or partial qualification
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for people who have relevant and current skills and knowledge that they have gained through non-formal or informal learning i.e. work or life experience.
Browse other courses
Licenced Electricians Assessment Course (SC1LELEA21)
Prepare for, and undertake the Victorian Licenced Electricians Assessments
Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician (UEE30811)
Become a qualified Licensed Electrician with the Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician from GOTAFE.