We're excited to let you know about scholarships and grants to help you complete your studies.
From time to time local businesses, organisations or government offer scholarships and grants across various learning areas and study departments. They aim to help cover the tuition of your studies. We will list them here when they are open for application.
Youthrive Victoria and its supporters have created Rural Chances Scholarships.
Rural Chances can help if you:
- Have to travel long distances or move away from home to gain qualifications, or
- Struggle with the many expenses associated with training and building your skills, and
- Want to fill a skills gap in rural Victoria, and
- Would like mentoring and networking opportunities.
For 2020, there are at least 10 scholarships valued at $5000 to assist young people to move away from their home town or to assist with extensive travel required to complete training qualifications. Rural Chances scholarship recipients will receive extra care from a mentor and leadership and networking opportunities.
Additionally, at least 10 smaller scholarships of up to $2000 are available for specific items to support training.
Kickstart your career in tech
If you have a passion for technology, Infoxchange’s Tech Ready program (supported by the Victorian Government) can help you get the skills and qualification you need to start your career journey.
You will be supported every step of the way. Infoxchange will fund your placement in Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology (ICT30118) to give you the foundation skills you’ll need to use digital technology in the workforce.
You will be connected with industry professionals and be assisted to improve your confidence applying for jobs with practical workshops on job interview skills and building your CV.
What does it cost?
Your place in Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology (ICT30118) comes fully funded as part of the Tech Ready program.
How often do I attend?
Full time for 5 months.
This course is offered at the GOTAFE Wangaratta (Tone Rd) and Shepparton (Fryers St) campuses.Learn more and apply today
Am I eligible?
Applicants should be:
- 17 – 25 years old
- An Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent visa holder
- Eligible for Victorian government subsidised training
- Interested in technology and furthering your digital skills to gain employment
- Meet the entrance requirements for ICT30118 course
- Priority will be given to young people experiencing barriers to education or employment