This is a postgraduate short course on the microchipping of cats and dogs in Victoria only.
Upon completing this course, you'll be able to apply for your microchipping licence in Victoria.
Course Dates & Times
Wangaratta - Tone Road
Starts July 2019, Self paced on line learning/ 2019
The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Please note all fees and charges are correct at time of publication for 2019 and may change without notice. 2020 fees are yet to be published.
Students will be invoiced for the components of the course that they are enrolled into for each year or semester.
Material fees cover costs associated with the following where applicable, and not limited to:
- Classroom activity consumables, handouts and booklets
- E-Learning resources and associated license access fees
Additionally some courses require students to purchase or supply text books, kits, tools, uniforms and personal protection equipment. Some specific materials may be purchased through the GOTAFE Bookshop. A full list with associated costs will be provided to you at your course information session or during the pre-training review Interview.
- To enrol, you must have completed either ACM40110 Certificate IV in Animal Control and Regulation, ACM40412 Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing or ACM30210 Certificate III in Animal Technology.
- You must also have the approval and support of your employer to undertake this course, as you'll need access to a minimum of 15 dogs or cats to microchip to show competency against the Unit of Competency.
Course Study Units
Where to From Here
If you need any further clarification of the information provided please contact one of our client service officers on 1300 468 233 who can assist you or click Enquire Now.
Educational Support Services
As an enrolled student at GOTAFE you may access a wide range of academic support services to assist you to meet the academic challenges of your course from our Learning Support Unit.
As an enrolled student at GOTAFE you will be welcome to access a variety of non-academic support services from the Student Welfare Unit. These services are designed to best support you to successfully complete your course.
Services include on campus supports and remote supports
- employment information
- activities etc.
Refer to the Student Handbook for information regarding Learner’s Rights Student Handbook.
Further information is provided at course induction.
Please note: Eligible individuals who wish to access a government subsidised place, must participate in a Pre-training Review. This will consider your:
- Aspirations/career goals
- Educational attainment and capability
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Suitability for Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer
Enrolment in general public entry courses will require a selection interview. Please call 1300 468 233 to enquire further.
Skills Recognition is an assessment only process that may result in credits towards a part or full qualification. There is no formal training involved, although you may choose to complete further training as a result of the assessment process.
You can apply for Skills Recognition before you enrol in the qualification you are seeking. You can apply for Skills Recognition through one or both of the following processes:
- Credit Transfer for formal training that might be equivalent to a new qualification or partial qualification
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for people who have relevant and current skills and knowledge that they have gained through non-formal or informal learning i.e. work or life experience.
Browse other courses
Certificate III in Animal Studies (ACM30117)
For people who wish to enter the industry in such roles as an animal attendant or animal welfare officer
Masterclass in Feline Behaviour (SC3MCFEL19)
Have you always wanted to know what your cat is thinking? Then enrol now for this Masterclass, coming up in Aug 2019.