Get ahead of the competition and land your next management role. Studying the Diploma of Leadership and Management, you'll gain the tools to thrive in any business environment. You'll develop the skills needed to support your colleagues, solve problems, and manage projects through to delivery.
This course focuses on real-life scenarios, where you will be challenged to make judgement calls and focus on skills that suit your current work needs across issues such as staffing, performance, operational planning, or Human Resources.
The Diploma of Leadership and Management gives you the skills to become a more effective Manager or Senior Manager.
You'll develop strong people management skills that will make you an asset in any organisation. Armed with these essential business skills, you'll have the chance to work across different industries and locations.
After graduating, you might like to undertake further study in the BSB60915 Advanced Diploma of Management (Human Resources) or the BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership Management.
You can also choose to complete an extra 4 units specialising in HR, which will earn you a nationally recognised qualification of BSB50618 Diploma of Human Resources Management.
Course Dates & Times
Shepparton - Fryers Street
Starts Tuesday 3rd September, 1 Night per week, 6pm to 9pm / 2019
Flexible start, 1 Night per week, Jan to April 6pm - 9pm Trimester 1/2020
Flexible start, 1 Night per week, May to August 6pm - 9pm Trimester 2/2020
Flexible start, 1 Night per week, Sept to Nov 6pm - 9pm Trimester 3/2020
The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Please note all fees and charges are correct at time of publication for 2020 and may change without notice.
Students will be invoiced for the components of the course that they are enrolled into for each year or semester.
Material fees cover costs associated with the following where applicable, and not limited to:
- Classroom activity consumables, handouts and booklets
- E-Learning resources and associated license access fees
Additionally some courses require students to purchase or supply text books, kits, tools, uniforms and personal protection equipment. Some specific materials may be purchased through the GOTAFE Bookshop. A full list with associated costs will be provided to you at your course information session or during the pre-training review Interview.
Before being accepted into the course you must:
- Attend an interview
- Undertake a Pre-training Review to document your previous work experience and qualifications and assess your suitability for the course
- Complete a CSPA test to ensure you have the required language, literacy and numeracy levels required for the course
The selection criteria for this course are:
- Ability to undertake training at this qualification level
- Literacy and numeracy skills of an appropriate level
- Keen interest in this Industry sector
- Ability to communicate with others
- Computer skills in Word, Excel and use of the Internet to a basic level.
- Ability to organise study and work independently
- It is preferred that you hold a management position in the workplace to implement and enhance your learning. If you do not hold a management role it will be discussed with you how you will be able to access workplace policies, procedures and practices to reflect on.
Course Study Units
Assessment methods may include:
- Class room activities and observation
- Role plays
- Short answer questions
Attendance & Commitment
It is important that students commit to all course requirements, including study and assessments the student may need to complete outside their normal training sessions.
Students will be required to attend the timetabled on-campus classes totaling 3-hours per week and undertake a minimum of 6 hours per week of self-directed learning and completing the required exercises and assessments. If you are unable to attend the timetabled on-campus classes you will be required to contact your teacher and catch up before the next class.
Where to From Here
If you need any further clarification of the information provided please contact one of our client service officers on 1300 468 233 who can assist you or click Enquire Now.
Educational Support Services
As an enrolled student at GOTAFE you may access a wide range of academic support services to assist you to meet the academic challenges of your course from our Learning Support Unit.
As an enrolled student at GOTAFE you will be welcome to access a variety of non-academic support services from the Student Welfare Unit. These services are designed to best support you to successfully complete your course.
Services include on campus supports and remote supports
- employment information
- activities etc.
Refer to the Student Handbook for information regarding Learner’s Rights Student Handbook.
Further information is provided at course induction.
Please note: Eligible individuals who wish to access a government subsidised place, must participate in a Pre-training Review. This will consider your:
- Aspirations/career goals
- Educational attainment and capability
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Suitability for Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer
Enrolment in general public entry courses will require a selection interview. Please call 1300 468 233 to enquire further.
Skills Recognition is an assessment only process that may result in credits towards a part or full qualification. There is no formal training involved, although you may choose to complete further training as a result of the assessment process.
You can apply for Skills Recognition before you enrol in the qualification you are seeking. You can apply for Skills Recognition through one or both of the following processes:
- Credit Transfer for formal training that might be equivalent to a new qualification or partial qualification
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for people who have relevant and current skills and knowledge that they have gained through non-formal or informal learning i.e. work or life experience.
Browse other courses
Diploma of Human Resources Management (BSB50618)
The Diploma in Human Resources Management gives you the skills to take up a role as an effective HR Manager.
Advanced Diploma of Management (Human Resources) (BSB60915)
The Advanced Diploma of Management (Human Resources) is a recognised qualification to become an Executive Manager.