For the majority of GOTAFE Courses, simply complete an application form and apply direct. Expressions of interest can be lodged with GOTAFE at any time of the year for those courses that are not in VTAC. Direct entry into VTAC courses is not available until after first round offers are made in January.
A selection of courses are available through VTAC. You need to check course information for these details. VTAC information booklets are currently available. VTAC can be contacted on 1300 364 133 or visit www.vtac.edu.au for further details.
GOTAFE conducts a range of short courses during the year. To enquire about enrolling in a course, contact an Enrolment Officer on 1300 GOTAFE (1300 468 233) or complete an enrolment form.
You may be able to gain credits for subjects in recognition of the skills you have obtained through work, voluntary positions and life in general. GOTAFE has Recognition of Prior Learning Assessors who will assist you to gain formal qualifications.
To apply for recognition of prior learning:
- Decide what qualification you would like to gain
- Contact GOTAFE to obtain a recognition of prior learning kit for the qualification you would like to gain
- Work through the competencies in the kit to see which competencies you feel you could obtain with your previously acquired skills
- Gather your evidence for the competencies for which you would feel you can gain recognition of prior learning
- Make an appointment for a recognition of prior learning assessment