Careers Counselling Service Career VoyageDisabled Australian Apprentice Wage Supports (DAAWS)YourtutorLearning Support UnitDisability Liaison ServiceGeneral Counselling ServiceParent SupportE-CounsellingRetention & Engagement ServiceStudent Activities
Reasonable Adjustment Plan (RAP)Student Focus Group
So you found a course you want to study, enrolled and have just attended your first classes,
but now you are finding some challenges.
GOTAFE is able to assist you so you are able to get the most from your study. There are many reasons why students may need help with their studies. For example, students may:
- Be returning to study many years after they last studied
- Have difficulties with written text because English is their second language
- Have difficulties with reading and writing due to a learning disorder
- Not have prior experience in formal report or essay writing
- Be required to master learning in areas where they have previously had difficulty, for example, studying maths as part of their course.
You may find yourself dealing with financial expenses, personal and work commitments, or mortgage and rental obligations. Then there are the unexpected life challenges that also get thrown our way. With this in mind the thought of taking on study can be daunting. Here at GOTAFE we understand that life doesn’t run in a straight line it has many ups and downs.
As a GOTAFE student, you are entitled to access a variety of non-academic support services from the Student Services Unit and Learning Support Unit. These supports are designed to walk beside you throughout your studies they will assist you in life’s ups and downs to provide you the best opportunity to successfully complete your chosen course. Click the button below to download the 2017 Student Handbook.