This course is designed for apprentices and tradespersons who are wanting to upskill in the Electrical and Plumbing Industry through gap training.
It provides you with the skills you need to test and tag electrical appliances.
Course Dates & Times
Shepparton - Fryers Street
Starts Monday 21st Sept,1 week course (Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur) 8am - 4.45pm / 2020
Wangaratta - Docker Street
Starts Monday 24th Aug,1 week course (Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur) 8am - 4.45pm / 2020
GOTAFE preferred entry requirements
Before being accepted into the course applicants must:
- Undertake a Pre-training Review to document previous work experience and qualifications and assess suitability for the course
- Complete a Core Skills Profile for Adults (CSPA) test to ensure the required language, literacy and numeracy levels are met for the course
- Applicants must be employed in the air conditioning industry and/or have relevant, current experience
Course Study Units
To demonstrate your competency in this course, you will be required to undertake assessment activities including knowledge tests and practical demonstration.
Attendance & Commitment
It is important that students commit to all course requirements, including study and assessments the student may need to complete outside their normal training sessions.
You are required to attend all classes and will have access to a trainer outside of class times if required.
Where to From Here
If you need any further clarification of the information provided please contact one of our client service officers on 1300 468 233 who can assist you or submit an enquiry through our website now and one of the team will be in touch.
Educational Support Services
As an enrolled student at GOTAFE you may access a wide range of academic support services to assist you to meet the academic challenges of your course from our Learning Support Unit.
As an enrolled student at GOTAFE you will be welcome to access a variety of non-academic support services from the Student Welfare Unit. These services are designed to best support you to successfully complete your course.
Services include on campus supports and remote supports
- employment information
- activities etc.
Refer to the Student Handbook for information regarding Learner’s Rights Student Handbook.
Further information is provided at course induction.
Please note: Eligible individuals who wish to access a government subsidised place, must participate in a Pre-training Review. This will consider your:
- Aspirations/career goals
- Educational attainment and capability
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Suitability for Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer
Enrolment in general public entry courses will require a selection interview. Please call 1300 468 233 to enquire further.
Skills Recognition is an assessment only process that may result in credits towards a part or full qualification. There is no formal training involved, although you may choose to complete further training as a result of the assessment process.
You can apply for Skills Recognition before you enrol in the qualification you are seeking. You can apply for Skills Recognition through one or both of the following processes:
- Credit Transfer for formal training that might be equivalent to a new qualification or partial qualification
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for people who have relevant and current skills and knowledge that they have gained through non-formal or informal learning i.e. work or life experience.
Browse other courses
Restricted Electrical Workers (Disconnect / Reconnect) course / 2020 (SA3REWCS20)
Sessions for 2020 to learn the skills and knowledge necessary to complete the Restricted Electrical Workers license assessment.
Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician (UEE30811)
Become a qualified Licensed Electrician with the Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician from GOTAFE.