This course takes you through the Energy Safe Victoria assessment in order to obtain the Restricted Electrical Workers license. With skilled trainers, GOTAFE have an exceptional record in helping students pass these assessments.
Skills and knowledge provided will allow you to complete the Restricted Electrical Workers license assessment and comprise of
- mandatory Fault Finding unit UEENEEP017A (from UEE32211- Certificate III in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration)
- Restricted Electrical Licence - Class 1 (Fault finding) Licence assessment by a Licenced REW assessor.
Prior to enrolling:
- For the Fault Finding Class, applicants must hold or be eligible to hold the REW Class 2 licence prior to commencing this course.
- For the Disconnnect/Reconnect Class, applicants must contact EnergySafe Victoria prior to course commencement to ensure they are eligible to be granted the REW class 2 licence.
Studying during COVID-19 Restrictions
We've had to make adjustments to how our courses are delivered due to the restrictions imposed by COVID-19. This means that we're currently offering a combination of delivery modes including online and flexible learning and, where we can, on-campus classes with strict social distancing in place.
Course Dates & Times
Wangaratta - Docker Street
On Campus - Starting from 01/02/2021 - Face to face - 8am to 5pm / 2021
On Campus - Starting from 01/07/2021 - Face to face - 8am to 5pm / 2021
Detailed Fee Information
The student tuition fees as published are subject to
change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Please note all fees
and charges are correct at time of publication for 2021 and may change
Material fees cover costs associated with the following where applicable, and not limited to:
- Classroom activity consumables, handouts and booklets
- E-Learning resources and associated license access fees
Additionally some courses require students to purchase or supply text
books, kits, tools, uniforms and personal protection equipment. Some
specific materials may be purchased through the GOTAFE Bookshop. A full
list with associated costs will be provided to you at your course
information session or during the pre-training review Interview.
Where to From Here
If you need any further clarification of the information provided please contact one of our client service officers on 1300 468 233 who can assist you or submit an enquiry through our website now and one of the team will be in touch.
Educational Support Services
As an enrolled student at GOTAFE you may access a wide range of academic support services to assist you to meet the academic challenges of your course from our Learning Support Unit.
As an enrolled student at GOTAFE you will be welcome to access a variety of non-academic support services from the Student Welfare Unit. These services are designed to best support you to successfully complete your course.
Services include on campus supports and remote supports
- employment information
- activities etc.
Refer to the Student Handbook for information regarding Learner’s Rights Student Handbook.
Further information is provided at course induction.
Please note: Eligible individuals who wish to access a government subsidised place, must participate in a Pre-training Review. This will consider your:
- Aspirations/career goals
- Educational attainment and capability
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Suitability for Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer
Enrolment in general public entry courses will require a selection interview. Please call 1300 468 233 to enquire further.
Skills Recognition is an assessment only process that may result in credits towards a part or full qualification. There is no formal training involved, although you may choose to complete further training as a result of the assessment process.
You can apply for Skills Recognition before you enrol in the qualification you are seeking. You can apply for Skills Recognition through one or both of the following processes:
- Credit Transfer for formal training that might be equivalent to a new qualification or partial qualification
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for people who have relevant and current skills and knowledge that they have gained through non-formal or informal learning i.e. work or life experience.
Browse other courses
Licenced Electricians Assessment Course (SC1LELEA21)
Prepare for, and undertake the Victorian Licenced Electricians Assessments
Certificate III in Air-conditioning and Refrigeration (UEE32211)
Become a qualified Air-conditioning and Refrigeration Mechanic with an Apprenticeship from GOTAFE.