Stay ahead of the curve with our free accredited skill set delivered completely online and tailored specifically towards Infection Control for people currently employed in Victoria in a customer-facing role.
This skill set will provide individuals working in food handling settings the skills to follow organisational infection prevention and control procedures, including implementing standard and transmission-based precautions and responding to COVID-19 and other infection risks.
This free skill set is government-funded for employed workers.
Studying during COVID-19 Restrictions
We’ve had to make adjustments to how our courses are delivered due to the restrictions imposed by COVID-19. This means that we’re currently offering a combination of delivery modes including online and flexible learning and, where we can, on-campus classes with strict social distancing in place.
Course Dates & Times
Food Handling - Open from 18/01/2021 - Online self paced / 2021
Training package entry requirements
- You must be currently employed in Victoria in a customer facing role, with priority given to those working in the retail or food handling industries.
- You must not have previously completed any other skill set.
- The skill sets contain online learning. Participants will need basic computer skills (for example search the internet, write word documents and use email).
GOTAFE preferred entry requirements
There are no GOTAFE preferred requirements for this qualification.
Course Study Units
Assessment methods may include:
- Online knowledge quizzes
- Workplace demonstration/video evidence
Attendance & Commitment
This course will be comprised of online self-paced engagement in learning content, activities and assessment.
Students must complete the course within 4 weeks of commencement.
Where to From Here
If you need any further clarification of the information provided please contact one of our client service officers on 1300 468 233 who can assist you or submit an enquiry through our website now and one of the team will be in touch.
Educational Support Services
As an enrolled student at GOTAFE you may access a wide range of academic support services to assist you to meet the academic challenges of your course from our Learning Support Unit.
As an enrolled student at GOTAFE you will be welcome to access a variety of non-academic support services from the Student Welfare Unit. These services are designed to best support you to successfully complete your course.
Services include on campus supports and remote supports
- employment information
- activities etc.
Refer to the Student Handbook for information regarding Learner’s Rights Student Handbook.
Further information is provided at course induction.
Please note: Eligible individuals who wish to access a government subsidised place, must participate in a Pre-training Review. This will consider your:
- Aspirations/career goals
- Educational attainment and capability
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Suitability for Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer
Enrolment in general public entry courses will require a selection interview. Please call 1300 468 233 to enquire further.
Skills Recognition is an assessment only process that may result in credits towards a part or full qualification. There is no formal training involved, although you may choose to complete further training as a result of the assessment process.
You can apply for Skills Recognition before you enrol in the qualification you are seeking. You can apply for Skills Recognition through one or both of the following processes:
- Credit Transfer for formal training that might be equivalent to a new qualification or partial qualification
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for people who have relevant and current skills and knowledge that they have gained through non-formal or informal learning i.e. work or life experience.