Stay ahead of the curve with our free accredited skill set tailored specifically towards Infection Control for people currently employed in Victoria in a customer-facing role.
This cross-sector skill set is available to employers and workers in Victorian businesses, with units tailored towards the Healthcare, Business, Construction, Hair & Beauty, Accommodation and Food, Manufacturing, Sport & Recreation and other industries. The training will help identify and manage the ongoing risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) infections across a number of workplaces.
Participants will learn a range of skills on how to reduce the transmission of COVID-19 to colleagues, customers and suppliers including:
- Hand hygiene practices
- Effective surface cleaning
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Disposal of contaminated waste
- Hazard identification, control and reporting
- Appropriate protocols and responses in the event of an incident
This free skill set is government-funded for employed workers.
Studying during COVID-19 Restrictions
We've had to make adjustments to how our courses are delivered due to the restrictions imposed by COVID-19. This means that we're currently offering a combination of delivery modes including online and flexible learning and, where we can, on-campus classes with strict social distancing in place.
This skill set will provide you with the skills to use COVID safe work practices across a number of industries.
Achievement of this skill set provides credit towards many qualifications that allow for selection of this unit of competency.
Course Dates & Times
Business Sector - Open from 11/01/2021 - Self paced online / 2021
Hair and Beauty Sector - Open from 11/01/2021 - Self paced online / 2021
Construction Sector - Open from 11/01/2021 - Self paced online / 2021
Manufacturing Sector - Open from 11/01/2021 - Self paced online / 2021
Accommodation and Food Sectors - Open from 11/01/2021 - Self paced online / 2021
Education Sectior - Starts on 11/01/2021 - Online / 2021
Sports & Fitness Sector - Starts on 11/01/2021 - Online / 2021
Education Sector - Starts on 01/07/2021 - Online / 2021
Sports & Fitness Sector - Starts on 01/07/2021 - Online / 2021
Training package entry requirements
- You must be currently employed in Victoria in a customer-facing role.
- You must not have previously completed this individual skill or any of the other Infection Control skill sets.
- The skill sets contain online learning. Participants will need basic computer skills (for example search the internet, write word documents and use email).
- Applicants will answer some questions about their requirements and literacy and numeracy skills to ensure the course suits their needs and aspirations, and that they are likely to complete the course successfully.
GOTAFE preferred entry requirements
There are no GOTAFE preferred requirements for this qualification.
Course Study Units
Assessment methods may include:
- Online knowledge quizzes
- Workplace or virtual workplace demonstration
Attendance & Commitment
This skill set will be comprised of online self-paced engagement in learning content, activities and assessment. This skill set takes approximately 5 hours to complete.
Where to From Here
If you need any further clarification of the information provided please contact one of our client service officers on 1300 468 233 who can assist you or submit an enquiry through our website now and one of the team will be in touch.
Educational Support Services
As an enrolled student at GOTAFE you may access a wide range of academic support services to assist you to meet the academic challenges of your course from our Learning Support Unit.
As an enrolled student at GOTAFE you will be welcome to access a variety of non-academic support services from the Student Welfare Unit. These services are designed to best support you to successfully complete your course.
Services include on campus supports and remote supports
- employment information
- activities etc.
Refer to the Student Handbook for information regarding Learner’s Rights Student Handbook.
Further information is provided at course induction.
Please note: Eligible individuals who wish to access a government subsidised place, must participate in a Pre-training Review. This will consider your:
- Aspirations/career goals
- Educational attainment and capability
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Suitability for Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer
Enrolment in general public entry courses will require a selection interview. Please call 1300 468 233 to enquire further.
Skills Recognition is an assessment only process that may result in credits towards a part or full qualification. There is no formal training involved, although you may choose to complete further training as a result of the assessment process.
You can apply for Skills Recognition before you enrol in the qualification you are seeking. You can apply for Skills Recognition through one or both of the following processes:
- Credit Transfer for formal training that might be equivalent to a new qualification or partial qualification
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for people who have relevant and current skills and knowledge that they have gained through non-formal or informal learning i.e. work or life experience.
Browse other courses
Infection control Skill Set (HLTSS00064)
Learn the skills to follow organisational infection prevention and control procedures in health and direct care contexts in response to COVID-19 and other infection risks.
Infection control Skill Set (Retail) (HLTSS00065)
Learn the skills to follow organisational infection prevention and control procedures in the retail industry in response to COVID-19 and other infection risks.
Infection control Skill Set (Food Handling) (HLTSS00066)
Learn the skills to follow organisational infection prevention and control procedures in the food handling industry in response to COVID-19 and other infection risks.