Boost your career and satisfy the travel bug with the Advanced Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management.
Learn the operational, financial, and managerial skills to lead teams and coordinate a successful tourism business. We'll teach you the latest technology and practices in tourism operations, and you'll learn to market and promote amazing experiences to give your customers the holiday they've dreamed of.
This course is delivered on campus in Shepparton.
This course prepares you to work in a senior role in the Travel and Tourism industry.
Roles you may be eligible for include:
- Account Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Director of Groups and Incentives
- Director of Marketing
- Director of Product Development
- Operations Manager
- General Manager.
After graduating, you might like to undertake further study at the university level.
Course Dates & Times
Shepparton - Fryers Street
On Campus/Flexible Delivery over 2 years - 1 Day per week - Semester 1/2020
On Campus/Flexible Delivery over 2 years - 1 Day per week - Semester 2/2020
The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Please note all fees and charges are correct at time of publication for 2019 and may change without notice. 2020 fees are yet to be published.
Students will be invoiced for the components of the course that they are enrolled into for each year or semester.
Material fees cover costs associated with the following where applicable, and not limited to:
- Classroom activity consumables, handouts and booklets
- E-Learning resources and associated license access fees
Additionally some courses require students to purchase or supply text books, kits, tools, uniforms and personal protection equipment. Some specific materials may be purchased through the GOTAFE Bookshop. A full list with associated costs will be provided to you at your course information session or during the pre-training review Interview.
Training package entry requirements
There are no training package requirements for this qualification.
GOTAFE preferred entry requirements
Before being accepted into the course applicants must:
- Attend an interview
- Undertake a Pre-training Review to document previous work experience and qualifications and assess suitability for the course
- Complete a Core Skills Profile for Adults (CSPA) test to ensure the required language, literacy and numeracy levels are met for the course
- It is strongly recommended that those entering this qualification possess a Diploma qualification or vocational experience at a coordination or management level in events, or in fields such as business, creative industries, hospitality, sport, tourism or travel. However, this is not mandatory.
Course Study Units
Assessment methods may include:
- Practical assessments
Students will be required to purchase online resources and have access to internet and computer.
Attendance & Commitment
It is important that students commit to all course requirements, including study and assessments the student may need to complete outside their normal training sessions.
Students are encouraged to attend all face-to-face sessions and participate in webinars.
Where to From Here
If you need any further clarification of the information provided please contact one of our client service officers on 1300 468 233 who can assist you or click Enquire Now.
Educational Support Services
As an enrolled student at GOTAFE you may access a wide range of academic support services to assist you to meet the academic challenges of your course from our Learning Support Unit.
As an enrolled student at GOTAFE you will be welcome to access a variety of non-academic support services from the Student Welfare Unit. These services are designed to best support you to successfully complete your course.
Services include on campus supports and remote supports
- employment information
- activities etc.
Refer to the Student Handbook for information regarding Learner’s Rights Student Handbook.
Further information is provided at course induction.
Please note: Eligible individuals who wish to access a government subsidised place, must participate in a Pre-training Review. This will consider your:
- Aspirations/career goals
- Educational attainment and capability
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Suitability for Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer
Enrolment in general public entry courses will require a selection interview. Please call 1300 468 233 to enquire further.
Skills Recognition is an assessment only process that may result in credits towards a part or full qualification. There is no formal training involved, although you may choose to complete further training as a result of the assessment process.
You can apply for Skills Recognition before you enrol in the qualification you are seeking. You can apply for Skills Recognition through one or both of the following processes:
- Credit Transfer for formal training that might be equivalent to a new qualification or partial qualification
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for people who have relevant and current skills and knowledge that they have gained through non-formal or informal learning i.e. work or life experience.
Browse other courses
Certificate IV in Travel and Tourism (SIT40116)
Study a Tourism course from GOTAFE and live your dream holiday every day of your career.
Diploma of Event Management (SIT50316)
Take your natural talent for event planning to the next level with the Diploma of Event Management.