This skills set is a great introduction for workplace Trainers and those interested in working for a Registered Training Organisation. It provides the necessary skills and knowledge to train under a supervisor in the VET sector in classroom situations or facilitate workplace training. These units provide credit towards the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
These units provide credit towards TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
Students will have 4 weeks from commencing their course to complete and It is expected that learners will engage in 16 hours of online learning and commit to completing their course.
Course Dates & Times
Online self paced - Open from 15/02/2021 - Online / 2021
Online self paced - Open from 05/07/2021 - Online / 2021
Detailed Fee Information
The student tuition fees as published are subject to
change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Please note all fees
and charges are correct at time of publication for 2021 and may change
Material fees cover costs associated with the following where applicable, and not limited to:
- Classroom activity consumables, handouts and booklets
- E-Learning resources and associated license access fees
Additionally some courses require students to purchase or supply text
books, kits, tools, uniforms and personal protection equipment. Some
specific materials may be purchased through the GOTAFE Bookshop. A full
list with associated costs will be provided to you at your course
information session or during the pre-training review Interview.
GOTAFE preferred entry requirements
- Attend an interview.
- Undertake a Pre-training Review to assess existing knowledge and skills.
- Complete a Core Skills Profile for Adults (CSPA) test to ensure the required language, literacy and numeracy levels are met for the course.
- Have intermediate computer skills to be able to work independently on computer-based activities Have reliable access to the internet
- Have access to a workplace/training environment where course assessment tasks such as delivering training sessions and carrying out an assessment of learners can occur
Those entering this program must be able to demonstrate vocational competency in their proposed teaching and assessing area. Vocational competency is defined as broad industry knowledge and experience, and may include, but is not limited to, holding a relevant unit of competency or qualification.
These courses offer rolling intakes, where students can commence at various times throughout the year.
Course Study Units
To demonstrate your competency in this qualification, you will be required to undertake assessment activities including in assignments, short answer questions and portfolios.
Where to From Here
If you need any further clarification of the information provided please contact one of our client service officers on 1300 468 233 who can assist you or submit an enquiry through our website now and one of the team will be in touch.
Educational Support Services
As an enrolled student at GOTAFE you may access a wide range of academic support services to assist you to meet the academic challenges of your course from our Learning Support Unit.
As an enrolled student at GOTAFE you will be welcome to access a variety of non-academic support services from the Student Welfare Unit. These services are designed to best support you to successfully complete your course.
Services include on campus supports and remote supports
- employment information
- activities etc.
Refer to the Student Handbook for information regarding Learner’s Rights Student Handbook.
Further information is provided at course induction.
Please note: Eligible individuals who wish to access a government subsidised place, must participate in a Pre-training Review. This will consider your:
- Aspirations/career goals
- Educational attainment and capability
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Suitability for Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer
Enrolment in general public entry courses will require a selection interview. Please call 1300 468 233 to enquire further.
Skills Recognition is an assessment only process that may result in credits towards a part or full qualification. There is no formal training involved, although you may choose to complete further training as a result of the assessment process.
You can apply for Skills Recognition before you enrol in the qualification you are seeking. You can apply for Skills Recognition through one or both of the following processes:
- Credit Transfer for formal training that might be equivalent to a new qualification or partial qualification
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for people who have relevant and current skills and knowledge that they have gained through non-formal or informal learning i.e. work or life experience.
Browse other courses
Assessor Skill Set (TAESS00011)
Skill Set designed to provide VET practitioners with the assessor competencies to meet the Standards for RTOs.
TAE Upgrade Program (SA4TAEUP21)
This short accredited course is for those who hold TAE40110 and wish to upgrade their qualification to TAE40116.
TAE Creditentials Program (SA4TAECR21)
For individuals who hold the SIT40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and require the 2 credential units to continue training and assessing after 1st April 2019.