This course is designed for young people who are homeless or living in community housing. Learn the skills you need to bring stability to your life and achieve independence, so you can succeed with your future studies.
You'll complete workshops in the following areas:
- Health and wellbeing
- Social connections
- Civic participation
- Housing and living skills
This course is delivered on campus.
This course will give you the skills and knowledge to pursue work, further education, and community involvement.
After graduating, you might like to undertake further study in the following areas:
- Senior secondary certificates such as VCAL or VCE
- Vocational Education and Training, such as an apprenticeship or traineeship
- Adult and community education programs
Course Dates & Times
Shepparton - Fryers Street
22333VIC - Shepparton Education First Youth Foyer / 2019
22333VIC - Shepparton Education First Youth Foyer / 2020
Training package entry requirements
There are no training package entry requirements for this qualification.
GOTAFE preferred entry requirements
Before being accepted into the course applicants must:
- Attend an interview with the Course Coordinator
- Undertake a Pre-training Review to document previous work experience and qualifications and assess suitability for the course
- Complete a Core Skills Profile for Adults (CSPA) test to ensure the required language, literacy and numeracy levels are met for the course
Course Study Units
Assessment methods may include:
- Completion of worksheets
- Direct observation
- Third party reports
- Written and/or oral questioning to assess knowledge and understanding
- Written or oral documentation of participation in planned learning activities
- Written or oral reflection on planned learning activities
The Shepparton Education First Youth Foyer, through Berry Street, will provide integrated wellbeing support services with access to the Youth Development Workers to assist you in completing this qualification.
Attendance & Commitment
This course will be delivered at the Shepparton Education First Youth Foyer via face-to-face and webinar sessions.
It is important that students commit to all course requirements, including study and assessments the student may need to complete outside their normal training sessions.
Where to From Here
If you need any further clarification of the information provided please contact one of our client service officers on 1300 468 233 who can assist you or click Enquire Now.
Educational Support Services
As an enrolled student at GOTAFE you may access a wide range of academic support services to assist you to meet the academic challenges of your course from our Learning Support Unit.
As an enrolled student at GOTAFE you will be welcome to access a variety of non-academic support services from the Student Welfare Unit. These services are designed to best support you to successfully complete your course.
Services include on campus supports and remote supports
- employment information
- activities etc.
Refer to the Student Handbook for information regarding Learner’s Rights Student Handbook.
Further information is provided at course induction.
Please note: Eligible individuals who wish to access a government subsidised place, must participate in a Pre-training Review. This will consider your:
- Aspirations/career goals
- Educational attainment and capability
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Suitability for Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer
Enrolment in general public entry courses will require a selection interview. Please call 1300 468 233 to enquire further.
Skills Recognition is an assessment only process that may result in credits towards a part or full qualification. There is no formal training involved, although you may choose to complete further training as a result of the assessment process.
You can apply for Skills Recognition before you enrol in the qualification you are seeking. You can apply for Skills Recognition through one or both of the following processes:
- Credit Transfer for formal training that might be equivalent to a new qualification or partial qualification
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for people who have relevant and current skills and knowledge that they have gained through non-formal or informal learning i.e. work or life experience.
Browse other courses
Course in Initial General Education for Adults (22471VIC)
Learn basic skills in literacy and numeracy with the Course in Initial General Education for Adults from GOTAFE.
Certificate I in General Education for Adults (22472VIC)
Learn foundation literacy and numeracy skills with the Certificate I in General Education for Adults from GOTAFE.
Certificate I in General Education for Adults (Introductory) (22476VIC)
Improve your literacy and numeracy skills with the Certificate I in General Education (Introductory) from GOTAFE.