Update 9 June 2020
As we come to the end of the Semester 1 study period, I want to provide an update regarding our plans for Semester 2.
During Semester 1, we adapted course delivery arrangements to comply with the rules and guidelines issued by the Victorian Government. This has seen a range of new arrangements in place for remote teaching and learning, providing options that meet the needs of students.
As part of our planning for Semester 2, GOTAFE has developed a COVID Safe Plan which will enable a safe and structured return to on-campus study modelled on the Victorian Government’s public health guidelines. While we will see more students and staff return to campus in Semester 2, we will continue to minimise on campus activities wherever possible.
Semester two will see the following arrangements in place:
- Teaching and learning will continue to predominantly be undertaken through remote learning.
- Courses that have essential face-to-face practical components will have arrangements in place for on-campus delivery of those classes.
- Your trainer will be in touch over the coming weeks to explain what this means for completion of your Semester 2 units.
- All communal spaces will remain closed to both students and staff – as Government guidelines change, some of these spaces may open up and we will keep you informed about these changes.
- Thorough cleaning and hygiene protocols are in place for all campuses and this will continue for Semester 2.
- Social distancing must be observed at all times. This includes maintaining a 1.5 metre distance from other people and observing the ‘one person per every 4 square metres in an enclosed room’ rule.
- Social distancing also applies outdoors on campus grounds so please maintain distance and avoid gathering in groups.
- All staff, students and visitors to GOTAFE are required to sign in when entering a campus building. Sign in stations have been setup at the entry of each building. Students are required to bring their own pens for hygiene reasons.
Student Support Available
I want to remind our students that many of our campuses remain open with staff available to talk to you face-to-face These campuses include:
- Shepparton, Fryers Street
- Wangaratta, Docker Street
Campus opening hours are 8:30am - 5:00pm Monday to Friday and I would encourage you to reach out if you require assistance. Staff at all of our campuses have strict social distancing measures in place for your comfort and safety.Learn about GOTAFE Support Services
If you have any questions, please contact us on 1300 GOTAFE.
We are all in this together, and we’re committed to work alongside you to complete your education and support our regional communities.