Update 18 September 2020
Following the Victorian Government’s recent release of its plan towards recovery, I want to provide you all with an update regarding our plans for delivery in term four.
As many of you would be aware the Premier has announced that as of yesterday Regional Victoria has moved to the third step of its regional roadmap.
Although we were hoping to start to have some of you begin to transition back onto campus in Term Four, under both the third and final steps of the roadmap, adult tertiary education will continue to be delivered remotely unless it is absolutely necessary to be on-site for hands-on practical assessments.
Your trainer will be in touch with you over the coming week to discuss what that means for your course.
We will continue monitoring the government advice and liaising with the Department of Education should there be any changes or updates to these directives.
A reminder for those of you returning to any on-campus activities this term:
- A mask or face covering must be worn at all times.
- All communal spaces will remain closed to both students and staff – as Government guidelines change, some of these spaces may open up and we will keep you informed about these changes.
- Thorough cleaning and hygiene protocols are in place for all campuses and will be continuing throughout Term Four.
- Social distancing must be observed at all times. This includes maintaining a 1.5 metre distance from other people and observing the ‘one person per every 4 square meters in an enclosed room’ rule.
- Social distancing also applies outdoors on campus grounds so please maintain distance and avoid gathering in groups.
- Please restrict your visits to campus to essential on campus education activities and do not stay longer than is required.
- All staff, students and visitors to GOTAFE are required to sign in when entering a campus building. Sign in stations have been set up at the entry of each building. Students are required to bring their own pens for hygiene reasons.
- If you are returning to campus for the first time since please ensure you work with your trainer to complete the mandatory Covid-19 return to campus training.
I sincerely want to thank you for your ongoing support and patience as we continue to work through this challenging time. I encourage you to support one another and contact us if you require any assistance.
Please check the GOTAFE website regularly for up-to-date information. We will continue to update our FAQ’s in line with what we are hearing from our students.