Update 15 October 2020
I want to provide an update following the announcement that three positive cases of COVID-19 have been identified in Shepparton.
Firstly, I’d like to reaffirm there are currently no confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19 at any GOTAFE campus.
However, as a result of the new cases, a number of high-risk locations have been identified in Shepparton which include:
- Central Tyre Service, Welsford Street Shepparton from Wednesday 30 September 2020 to Tuesday 13 October 2020.
- Mooroopna Golf Club Members Bar, Sunday 4 October and Sunday 11 October.
- Shepparton Market Place Medical Centre, Midland Highway Shepparton Thursday 8 October 2020 9:15am – 10:15am.
- Thai Orchid Restaurant, Nixon Street Shepparton on Wednesday 7 October 2020 from 7:00pm.
- Bombshell Hairdressing, Fryers Street Shepparton on Wednesday 7 October 2020 after 9:30am.
If you visited one of the above sites during these times this means that you are a classified as a close contact, and as such you will need to be tested and quarantined. It is important that those in your household also quarantine with you. Please call the GV Health hotline on 1800 313 070 between 8am and 8pm for further instructions.
Additionally, you may be a casual contact if you visited any of the below locations. If you visited one of these locations during these times you should get tested and stay at home while you wait for your results.
- Bunnings Warehouse, Midland Highway Shepparton Wednesday 30 September 2020.
- McDonalds Shepparton North, 169-175 Numurkah Road Shepparton Saturday 3 October 2020.
- Lemon Tree Café, Fryers Street Shepparton 7 to 12 October 2020.
- Mooroopna Golf Club Pro Shop Sunday 11 October 2020.
Contact tracing has already begun and will continue to be managed by Goulburn Valley Health. Further high risk locations may be added.
The health and safety of our students, staff and GOTAFE community remain our priority.
In line with DHHS advice, if you have been either a close or casual contact at any of the above locations you must seek testing, isolate and MUST NOT attend any GOTAFE campus. I urge all students to follow the government directives and minimise any social contact.
Let me assure you that GOTAFE has a range of measures in place on campus to ensure best-practice social distancing and hygiene controls. Please remember if you are attending a GOTAFE campus:
- You must wear a fitted mask that covers the mouth and nose at all times.
- All staff, students and visitors to GOTAFE are required to sign in when entering a campus building. Sign-in stations have been set up at the entry of each building. This is extremely important for the purposes of contact tracing.
- Thorough cleaning and hygiene protocols are in place for all campuses and will be continuing throughout Term Four.
- Social distancing must be observed at all times. This includes maintaining a 1.5 metre distance from other people and observing the ‘one person per every 4 square meters in an enclosed room’ rule.
- All communal spaces will remain closed to both students and staff.
- Social distancing also applies outdoors on campus grounds so please maintain distance and avoid gathering in groups.
- Please restrict your visits to campus to essential on-campus education activities and do not stay longer than is required.
We are committed to supporting students through this time. We have a range of supports available including access to our counsellors, student success coordinators, disability support officers, career and pathway advisors and our trainers.
I encourage you to access these services and get any support you need. You’ll find contact details in the Students section of our website.
Please check GOTAFE's COVID-19 Webpage regularly for up to date information. Make sure you stay connected with GOTAFE on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as appropriate.