Update on COVID-19
While students and other visitors (excluding paid or volunteer workers) are no longer required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend our campuses, we strongly encourage all GOTAFE students and community members to be fully vaccinated.
Students undertaking placements must continue to adhere to the vaccination mandate that applies to their sector. Chat to your trainer or placement coordinator for information specific to your industry.
If you're a student and test positive to COVID-19
1. Report your positive PCR or RAT result to the Department of Health.
2. Report your positive result to your trainer. Let them know if you have been on campus in the 48 hours before testing positive.
3. Do not attend campus. Isolate for seven days.
WATCH: Vaccination information session
It can be hard to determine fact from fiction when it comes to information around COVID-19 vaccines. We chatted to Dr Karthi, a Senior Emergency Department Physician from Goulburn Valley Health, who set the record straight and answered some of our students' questions and concerns.
As always, we recommend you have a conversation with your doctor, pharmacist or other health professional to get medical advice for your individual circumstances.
COVID-19 fact sheets translated
Topics covered include:
- Health - including information about COVID-19 vaccines.
- Education - extra support to students, parents and education providers.
- Business and Financial Support- information about Budget 2021/22, financial support and work health and safety.
- Community Safety and Services - guidance for communities, including around misinformation and truths about COVID-19.
- Visas and the Border-Australia's immigration and border arrangements during COVID-19.