Update on COVID-19
Information as at Thursday 2 April 2020 9am AEST
GOTAFE is actively working to manage the situation with COVID-19 following advice from the Department of Education and Training which is being advised by the Department of Health and Human Services.
The health and wellbeing of our students, staff and communities is our primary focus. At this point in time the advice is:
- There are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 on any of our GOTAFE campuses.
- GOTAFE campuses remain open while face-to-face education delivery has been paused until Tuesday 14 April 2020. This applies to all students who would ordinarily attend any GOTAFE campus for training.
- Our trainers will be in contact with students to discuss what this means for their individual course. A range of information to assist you with remote learning can be found via this fact-sheet.
- We have been advised that a student who attends the Fryers Street campus has a family member who has tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday 24 March.
The family was already in self-isolation when the case was confirmed. As a precautionary measure, any students or staff who were in close contact with the student have been notified and following advice from the government and health authorities we are confident that the Fryers Street campus can remain open at this time.
- GOTAFE has implemented increased cleaning programs regimes across all campuses this week.
- In the interest of public health, the GOTAFE Library and GOTAFE Bookshop will be closed until Tuesday 14 April. Students can access the full range of online resources via the library page on our website.
- GOTAFE staff continue to provide services to students while operating under the guidelines issued by the Department of Education.
- The situation is evolving rapidly - please continue to check back to this page for updated information as it becomes available.
If you have any specific questions, please contact your trainer or ask us a question below.
COVID-19 Fact Sheets Translated
The Department of Home Affairs has created a number of translated COVID-19 Fact Sheets.
Topics covered include:
- close contact with confirmed cases
- community return
- identifying symptoms
- isolation guidance
- residential care services
- early childhood centres
- social distancing
Frequently Asked Questions
Is GOTAFE still open?
While we are continuing to operate, we are pausing all on-campus education delivery from close of business on Tuesday 24 March to Tuesday 14 April. Please refer to the page above for further information.
I’m feeling unwell, what do I do?
Please follow the advice from the Department of Health and Human Services.
Are placements for my course going ahead?
This will be decided on a case-by-case basis depending on your industry and your placement. Please contact your trainer to confirm the status of your placements
Is my class still going ahead? Who do I contact to find out more?
GOTAFE has made the decision to pause all on-campus education delivery from close of business on Tuesday 24 March to Tuesday 14 April. As such, there will be no classes on campus during this time.
Please contact your trainer to discuss what specific arrangements are being made for your course. Otherwise, call us on 1300 468 233.
I'm struggling and need some support, can someone help?
It's normal to be feeling overwhelmed and stressed given the situation. The good news is that our Student Success Team are here to help!
Our dedicated and friendly staff can assist you with a range of issues impacting your wellbeing and ability to study, as well as building life skills and preparing for your future.
Is my Graduation Ceremony still going ahead?
In accordance with government advice unfortunately our two remaining graduation ceremonies for Shepparton and Werribee will no longer be going ahead. We apologise for the inconvenience caused by these cancellations.
We are very disappointed that we won’t be able to unable to enjoy these important celebrations with you. We will endeavour to find alternative solutions as things change, but we are unable to commit to anything at this time.