If you are experiencing homelessness, or are at risk of homelessness throughout your studies, you may be eligible to access student accommodation through The Education First Youth Foyer in Shepparton. The Youth Foyer provides safe accommodation for up to 40 young people, aged 16-24, who want to continue studying.
Students living in The Youth Foyer are provided with:
- A safe, secure, and affordable place to live for up to two years
- Access to education, training, learning tools, and employment opportunities
- 24-hour onsite support from trained staff
- The opportunity to develop independent living skills
- Opportunities to participate in community activities.
The Youth Foyer is jointly run by GOTAFE, Berry Street, and the Rural Housing Network, and aims to promote education and skills development while providing a safe and supportive living environment for young people who are studying or training.
To be eligible for accommodation at The Youth Foyer, you must be:
- Aged between 16 and 24
- Unable to live at home
- Keen to get into education and training
- Willing to make a commitment to stay in education and/or training.