Welcome to the Education First Youth Foyer
What is the Education First Youth Foyer? The Youth Foyer provides student accommodation for young people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, and want to study. If you are living in the Youth Foyer you are provided with:
- Learning tools and skills to help you follow your dreams and aspirations
- Access to education, training and employment opportunities
- A safe, secure and affordable place to live for up to two years
- 24 hour on site support from trained staff
- The opportunity to develop independent living skills
- Opportunities to participate in community activities.
GOTAFE, Berry Street and Rural Housing Network are the service providers to deliver an Education First Youth Foyer in Shepparton. The Youth Foyer’s focus is on education and skills development while providing a safe living environment and personal support for young people who are studying or training. The Foyer will provide safe accommodation for up to 40 young people, aged 16-24, at a time and engage students in education, employment and training.
To be eligible you must be:
- Aged 16 – 24 years
- Unable to live at home
- Keen to get into education and training
- Willing to make a commitment to stay in education and/or training
If you are eligible, you must complete the readiness form and submit your completed form directly to the Education Youth Foyer in Shepparton. You can complete the form by yourself or have someone you trust help you fill it out. The information in these forms will be assessed by Foyer staff to determine if the Foyer is right for you.
For more information contact us.