Skills for Growth
Skills for Growth is a Workforce Development Program to assist small and medium sized businesses to explore training and education opportunities that will benefit the operation of the business and develop the skills of their staff
The program provides a team of independent Specialists to work with you and your staff, at no cost, to review staff skills, plan for your business future and identify training opportunities for your employees
What are the benefits?
By participating in the Program your business will:
- Identify its strategic priorities and direction
- Assess the current workforce skill and training needs of your employees
- Provide a clear and customised training plan for your staff
- Place employees in training (qualifications and/or skill sets – which may be subsidised by the Victorian Government)
Small and medium businesses need to meet the following criteria to be eligible for the Skills for Growth Program:
- Employ between 1 and 199 employees
- Your business needs to be Victorian-based
- You need to have been in operation for at least 12 months
- You need to be financially viable (a business that has an effective trading history & one that anticipates being able to meet its debts as & when they fall due)
How does the Program work?
Once you have registered at www.business.vic.gov.au/skillsforgrowth a Workforce Planning and Training Specialist will be assigned to assist your business to work through the Skills for Growth process
The Business Specialist will contact you to arrange an onsite visit. The Specialist will:
- Identify the strategic direction of your organisation and assess the training and skill needs of your employees
- Complete a Workforce training and Action Plan to identify business & individual skill needs
- Link you and your staff to training providers to training to be completed
Who are the Workforce Planning &Training Specialist?
Key Victorian organisations have tendered to deliver the Skills for Growth Program on behalf of the Victorian Government.
Specialists within these organisations have been specially trained to deliver the Skills for Growth Program to your business.
GOTAFE is one of the providers of the Skills for Growth Program.
What is the process?
- Business Diagnostic and Action Plan
- Skills Needs Assessment
- Training & Development Plan
- Follow-up Review
Business Diagnostic & Action Plan
- Onsite assessment provided by a Workforce Planning and Training Specialist, focusing on workforce planning, training needs and skills development
- Considers your business’ strategic priorities, development of workforce profiles and forecasts your future skill needs
- Identifies barriers to business performance and opportunities for improvement
- Provides workforce planning advice
- Delivers a Workforce Action Plan
Skills Needs Assessment
- Skills needs analysis conducted of the whole business
- Training needs audit of individuals and sections conducted
- Assessment of individuals eligibility for the Victorian Training Guarantee
Training & Development Plan
- A customised training plan including all employees developed
- Referrals made to relevant training programs
- Choices offered of appropriate accredited and short course training
- Best method for training delivery considered
- Delivery of your Workforce Training Plan
- You identify your preferred option of training
- Delivery requirements can be customised for your business
- You commit to undertake the training
- Specialists facilitate the placement/purchase of the agreed training, including liaison with training providers
- Workforce Planning and Training Specialist delivers an onsite follow-up with your business
- Together you identify business outcomes and improvements
- Together you review and update the action plan and training plan
- Specialist undertakes further skills needs assessments where appropriate
For more information or to register
Skills Victoria - 13 22 15