Farm Chemical Refresher Course
from Certificate IV in Horticulture (AHC40416)
|Campus||Shepparton - William Orr|
This one day course is intended as a refresher for learners who use chemicals in the workplace and have previously completed an AgVet Chemicals Users Course.
During this course users of AgVet Chemicals will undertake revision on any changes in chemical use, new legislation and safety and best practice.
This course is required to retain registration in some industry QA programs, and is best suited to general chemical users.
Topics covered are:
- Identify hazards and risks
- Assess risks and develop control procedures
- Monitor and assess adherence to chemical risk procedures
- Evaluate risk control measures and maintain records
- Legislative Requirements and Code of Practice
- Calibrating Spray equipment
- IPDM & New Chemistry Interaction and current Industry issues
|Shepparton – William Orr||Public Group 1 Day course, Wed 22nd May – 9.00am to 4:00pm / 2019|
|Shepparton – William Orr||1 Day course, Fri 12th July – 9.00am to 4:00pm / 2019|
|Shepparton – William Orr||1 Day course, Fri 16th Aug – 9.00am to 4:00pm / 2019|
|Shepparton – William Orr||1 Day course, Fri 13th Sep – 9.00am to 4:00pm / 2019|
|Type||Average Enrolled Hours||Hourly Fee Rate||Indicative Tuition Fee||Hourly Govt Subsidy Rate||Total Govt Contribution|
|Govt Subsidised-Standard Concession||60||$0.40||$24.00||$10.00||$600.00|
The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment.
You will receive an Indicative Fee Statement when you decide upon your course. A finalised invoice will be issued upon enrolment. Students will be invoiced for the components of the course that they are enrolled into for each year or semester.
Material fees cover costs associated with the following where applicable, and not limited to:
- Classroom activity consumables, handouts and booklets
- E-Learning resources and associated license access fees
Additionally some courses require students to purchase or supply text books, kits, tools, uniforms and personal protection equipment. Some specific materials may be purchased through the GOTAFE Book Shop. A full list with associated costs will be provided to you at your Course Information session or during the Pre-Training review Interview.
Skills Recognition is an assessment only process that may result in credits towards a part or full qualification. There is no formal training involved, although you may choose to complete further training as a result of the assessment process.
You can apply for Skills Recognition before you enrol in the qualification you are seeking. You can apply for Skills Recognition through one or both of the following processes:
- Credit Transfer for formal training that might be equivalent to a new qualification or partial qualification
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for people who have relevant and current skills and knowledge that they have gained through non-formal or informal learning i.e. work or life experience.
Please note: Eligible individuals who wish to access a government subsidised place, must participate in a Pre-training Review. This will consider your:
- Aspirations/career goals
- Educational attainment and capability
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Suitability for Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer
Refer to the Student Handbook for information regarding Learner’s Rights Student Handbook.
Further information is provided at course induction.
As an enrolled student at GOTAFE you will be welcome to access a variety of non-academic support services from the Student Welfare Unit. These services are designed to best support you to successfully complete your course.
Services include on campus supports and remote supports
- employment information
- activities etc.
As an enrolled student at GOTAFE you may access a wide range of academic support services to assist you to meet the academic challenges of your course from our Learning Support Unit.
If you need any further clarification of the information provided please contact one of our client service officers on 1300 468 233 who can assist you or click Enquire Now.