Certificate I in Food Processing
|Campus||Contact your local GOTAFE campus on 1300 GOTAFE (468 233) for full details|
The FBP10117 Certificate I in Food Processing is the recognised qualification to become a qualified Food Processor.
The FDF10117 Certificate I in Food Processing is the entry level qualification that provides the foundation skills and knowledge required to commence a career in the food processing industry. This can include any of the following sectors:
- Grain processing (including stock feed, animal feeds, milling wheat, barley, oats and flour milling)
- Baking (including large scale production of cakes, pastry, bread, biscuits and plant baking)
- Retail baking
- Beverages (including juices, soft drinks, cordials, aerated and still waters, energy drinks and other modified beverages, such as vitamin and antioxidant beverages, coffee, tea and ice)
- Dairy processing
- Fruit and vegetables
- Grocery products and supplies (including honey, jams, spreads, sauces, dressings, condiments, spices, edible oils and fats and pasta)
You will be enrolled into a current qualification.
The FBP10117 Certificate I in Food Processing is designed for those wishing to further their knowledge and skills to seek employment in the Food processing industry. Job roles may include:
- Production support worker
- Food production worker
- Packaging operations worker
- Machine operations worker
Working in this industry may involve shift work and weekends. It may require a reasonable level of fitness as the ability to perform physical duties is sometimes required. Some job roles may also require staff to hold a Forklift License or Food Handling Certificate.
After gaining the FBP10117 Certificate I in Food Processing, you might wish to undertake further study in the FBP20111 Certificate II in Food Processing.
It is important that students commit to all course requirements, including study and assessments the student may need to complete outside their normal training sessions.
Students will be enrolled in 230 training hours.
You are encouraged to attend all face-to-face sessions and scheduled appointments with the Trainer and Assessor.
Name: Darren Payne
Training package entry requirements
There are no training package entry requirements for this course.
GOTAFE preferred entry requirements
Before being accepted into the course applicants must:
- Attend an interview
- Undertake a Pre-training Review to document previous work experience and qualifications and assess suitability for the course
- Be assessed to ensure the required language, literacy and numeracy levels are met for the course
FBP10117 – Core Units
FBPOPR1003 – Communicate workplace information
FBPOPR1009 – Follow work procedures to maintain quality
FBPWHS1001 – Identify safe work practices
MSMENV272 – Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
FBP10117 – Elective Units
FBPOPR1010 – Carry out manual handling tasks
FDFOP1003A – Carry out manual handling tasks
FBPFSY1001 – Follow work procedures to maintain food safety
FBPOPR1006 – Monitor process operation
FBPOPR1005 – Operate basic equipment
FBPOPR1001 – Pack or unpack product manually
Assessment methods may include:
- Practical skills (at work)
- Written assessment tasks (written answers, assignments, reports and projects)
Skills Recognition is an assessment only process that may result in credits towards a part or full qualification. There is no formal training involved, although you may choose to complete further training as a result of the assessment process.
You can apply for Skills Recognition before you enrol in the qualification you are seeking. You can apply for Skills Recognition through one or both of the following processes:
- Credit Transfer for formal training that might be equivalent to a new qualification or partial qualification
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for people who have relevant and current skills and knowledge that they have gained through non-formal or informal learning i.e. work or life experience.
If you would like further details or information, please call 1300 468 233.
Please note: Eligible individuals who wish to access a government subsidised place, must participate in a Pre-training Review. This will consider your:
- Aspirations/career goals
- Educational attainment and capability
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Suitability for Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer
Enrolment in an enterprise-only course is undertaken with the organisation requesting this for their workers.
Refer to the Student Handbook for information regarding Learner’s Rights Student Handbook.
Further information is provided at course induction.
As an enrolled student at GOTAFE you will be welcome to access a variety of non-academic support services from the Student Welfare Unit. These services are designed to best support you to successfully complete your course.
Services include on campus supports and remote supports
- employment information
- activities etc.
As an enrolled student at GOTAFE you may access a wide range of academic support services to assist you to meet the academic challenges of your course from our Learning Support Unit.
If you need any further clarification of the information provided please contact one of our client service officers on 1300 468 233 who can assist you or click Enquire Now.