As a Registered Training Organisation, Goulburn Ovens Institute of TAFE undertakes a range of activities for the purpose of continuous improvement in the quality of training and services provided.
Many activities involve feedback from key stakeholders, including client satisfaction surveys of students and employers. Quality Indicator surveys* of learner engagement and employer satisfaction were conducted in 2016 and a copy of the 2016 Registering Body Report is available here.
* Explanatory Notes for the Learner Engagement and Employer Satisfaction Surveys: These indicators are based on a survey of 411 students and 130 employers. This sample represents 3% of this organisation’s training delivery in the 2016 calendar year.
Goulburn Ovens Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) for training and assessment of Training Package qualifications and VET accredited courses on the national register. In 2015 the Institute was due for re-registration and, following application, ASQA conducted a re-registration audit of Goulburn Ovens Institute of TAFE, including a site visit by ASQA auditors on 14-16 July 2015.
Qualifications audited were:
- AHC40110 Certificate IV in Agriculture
- AUR30612 Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- CHC30212 Certificate III in Aged Care
- CHC50612 Diploma of Community Services Work
- CPC30211 Certificate III in Carpentry
- CPC30611 Certificate III in Painting and Decorating
- CPC30111 Certificate III in Bricklaying/Blocklaying
- HLT51612 Diploma of Nursing (Enrolled-Division 2 nursing)
- SIT30813 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
No critical non-compliances were found and GOTAFE responded to and rectified other non-compliances within the prescribed timeline. Registration was subsequently approved by ASQA for the maximum seven year period, to 30 June 2022. A copy of the registration certificate is included here.
Registration to deliver senior secondary programs in Victoria, however, remains with the Victorian Registration & Qualifications Authority (VRQA). The Institute has been re-registered to 31 December 2019 by the VRQA to deliver VCAL, following a registration audit in late-2014/early 2015.
Goulburn Ovens Institute of TAFE’s national registered training organisation number is 3094.